Header

>

May 14, 2009

My Li'l Trip To Lake Toba & Medan (Date.: 29-April-09 to 2-May-09)


The journey started with this zaman purba ferry ride. Quite scary stair case when you land on the ferry. Its self man made. Those with weak hearts, please brace yourself (ok, i am exaggerating).................he he he :o)

The trip was indeed worth it. You know being away from the hustle-bustle of city life. As for me i didnt have to do quotes or listen to Mr.P's out of this world next horrendous moves on project.

The Batak people are really helpful and friendly in Toba.
Horas to the lovely Batak ppl :o)
I would definitely go back to Lake Toba :0)

Medan is the 3rd largest city in Indonesia. Apparently the chinese is the largest community here. And seriously, they are like so filthy rich. Their houses are basically like mansions. One bigger than the other. One word of advise, please dont stay in Hotel Citi International, Palang Merah. The service and rooms suck to glory. Hated every minute there. Thanks we had our own itinerary, thank god for that. So we were occupied most of the day with sightseeings. The hotel room was basically a necessity for me and my fren to bathe and sleep...............I have this thing for hotel bathrooms. This is a total disaster, trust me on that. It stank like its never been washed for 3 years. Well, other than the hotel, i have no complaints about my trip. Loved every min of my getaway :o)

Masjid Raya

Istana Maimoon

Vihara Gunung Timur

Annai Velangkani

This is really a beautiful church. Am glad i made it to the church which made my trip complete :0)


No comments: