Header

>

May 24, 2010

Random Thoughts - It's just as simple as being COURTEOUS

Its been a long time since I have updated my blog. I was kind of remembering this phrase out of no reason last night. It was quoted by General Eisenhower.

"It is natural for people to forget to be grateful; so, if we go around expecting gratitude, we are headed straight for a lot of heartaches. If we want to find happiness, let's stop thinking about gratitude or ingratitude and give for the inner joy of giving.
Instead of worrying about ingratitude, let's expect it. Let's remember that Jesus healed 10 lepers in one day - and only one thanked Him. Why should we expect more gratitude than Jesus got?


Let's remember that the only way to find happiness is not to expect gratitude, but to give for the joy of giving. "

(Ok, I have to admit, this sounds abit the christian here but the irony of the situation is He did cure 10 lepers and only 1 measly guy thanked Him. I mean what more normal human being like us?)

I am very sure I am confusing myself here. What has this saying got to do with my next paragraph. There's a reason why this blog heading goes by random thought. Its plain and simple and random.

I guess this all started because I kept wondering how some of us can be so blatantly rude or so blatantly trying to hurt people with their words......I have a few of these aliens in my office unfortunately. The reason for addressing them as aliens is atleast if they were humans, you might be able to understand them, unfortunately in this case, I have no further comments........One is super duper rude and the other has nothing nice to say at all. I havent had any personal encounters with the blatantly trying to hurt people with their words. But from what I have heard, mannnnnnnnn, she is meannnnnnnnnnn. She is like Cruella De Vil. I just have one thing to tell her, save your soul from damnation, female. It's written all over your face that you are not a nice person. Its true what they say, what's in your heart reflects on your face.

For the blatantly rude, your crown won't fall if you be a little nicer to the people who are genuinely nice to you. Being nice will take you far indeed, there's a saying from Maya Angelou.....I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

I am being very philosphical here. But I have to give credit to myself when its due, atleast I know how to fit in sayings/quotes in all my post appropriately.

For the blatantly trying to hurt people with their words, there's a saying from Dalai Lama. Simply explained and I think all of us should follow by it.....If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them.

This post for today is meant for many of us out there who lash out without thinking. Put yourself in the other person's shoe..........If it hurts you, then it would definitely hurt the other person as well. Think about it.

1 comment:

Red Scoot said...

let's kill those aliens..... kill! kill! kill!