Header

>

February 9, 2011

God answers each and every one of our prayer in a very different manner, some He says Yes and some He says No. Are we willing to accept the No?

This is the second entry for the year which I am writing to myself. It's a little reminder why things don't go my way. It's a little reminder there is a virtue called patience. It's a little reminder, let go and relax. It's a little reminder to be grateful for the little things we have been blessed with.

I read this article recently. I am sure some of you out there would have read it as well. I guess we need a little reminder here and there to reminding us that it's for the best how situations turn out. It turns out maybe God is answering our prayers in a very different way that's why some of the situations don't favour us. It's up to us to aceept when he says a NO, its plain and simple, its a big NO. That doesn't mean He doesn't have his back-up plan for us. It's really to test our patience, how long can we wait until we get something in return.

“It seems like God never answers my prayers,” I may say. “He never does what I want.”

Maybe God is answering my prayers; he’s simply saying no. Or maybe he’s saying it’s not the right time. Or maybe he’s saying, “I’m not going to remove that obstacle until you change your attitude and quit complaining about it.” Make some simple adjustments, and you will see things begin to improve.
I thank God that he didn’t answer some of my prayers, because sometimes what I thought was the best for me wasn’t the best at all. Nevertheless, if you push and manipulate, trying to make things happen, God will sometimes let you have your way—and you will have to learn his lessons the hard way.

I’ve seen people jump into a relationship or a business deal that they didn’t feel good about, but they wanted it so badly. God is a gentleman. If you insist, he will back off and let you do things your way. Most of the time when we do that, though, we end up settling for second best. This is the best lesson I have learnt so far. We don't deserve second best. Why settle for second best when He wants to give you the best? The trick here is that patience is going to test you every second.

If events are not happening as quickly as you would like, or if you are not seeing circumstances change in your favor, open your grip on the situation; relax and learn to trust God. Know this: God is on your side. He is not trying to hold you back.

I believe one of the best prayers that we could ever pray is “God, not my will, but your will be done.” “God, open up the right doors and close the wrong doors.” If you will stay open to His direction, and follow your heart, God will protect you.

I’ve learned that when my prayers aren’t being answered, or when things aren’t happening as fast as I would like, that either means that God is protecting me from danger up ahead, it’s not the right time, or God has something better in store.

Too often, we’re shortsighted. We can see only a little ways down the road, and even that we see through a glass dimly. God, though, can see the big picture. He knows when something is going to be a dead end. He knows when someone is going to be a distraction that will hinder us from our destiny.

Some of the things might frustrated me right now, 10 years from now I will look back at and thank God for not answering that prayer the way I wanted or for not opening up that door. I may not be able to see it right now, but that’s what faith is all about. Why don’t I trust God? Believe that He has me in the palm of his hand and know that when it comes time for God to open a door, no man can keep it shut. No obstacle is too high. No situation will remain the same forever. Your enemies may be powerful, but God is all-powerful. When God says it’s time to promote you, you are going to be promoted. The good news is that your promotion will not be one second late. Suddenly, God can turn any situation around. Suddenly, God can cause a door to open. All it takes is one touch of God’s favor.

The question is, "How patient will I be?"






1 comment:

Kathleen Frangeskos said...

Your work and writing is inspirational and beautiful!
You are filled with God's loving wisdom.
Please continue with your beautiful blog.
Thanks for visiting me too.
See you again soon...
Love,
Kathleen Frangeskos at
Jesus Knows You Best