Header

>

December 2, 2009

Rapid Putra Light Rail Transit

The LRT is one of the most used public transport in K.L. Trust me, when i say the most used. Try taking the train at peak hours. You will know how sardines are packed in a can. Its that packed.

For me the lrt system from Kelana Jaya to KLCC station is really important as I take the train to avoid the morning jam. What can I say? I love my extra minutes of sleep hence that's why I dont drive to work. I only drive when necessary.

Many might be wondering what's up with this article today. I am the last person who is going to applaud the public transport in K.L. The system stinks to the core. Even after our ex-PM decided to try out all the public transports in one day, nothing has changed. Of course, when he decided to try out the public transport that particular day, everything was running smoothly and well taken care. Do you think there will be any flaws shown on the day our ex-PM tries out the public transport? So typical. The system here only changes unless if there is some tragedy or fatality occuring. So typical of this country trying to find solutions.

Ok, I am deviating big time here. The reason for this blog was on how minority sane people like me deals with some clowns in the train. These clowns really tests your patience to the core. You have to be so patient in putting up with these people.

Let's categorize these clowns.:

1. The Latest Fashionistas - These clowns (male and females alike) tend to be over dressed. I mean come on, when you are over dressed, does it surprise you when people stare at you? You have to give it to Malaysians, we were taught to stare from young anyway.

This has to go under this category. Asians, asians, however how much your dream, the colour of eyes will always be dark brown unless your mum or dad is a gwailo/kwailo. Grey or white coloured contact lenses are not meant for tanned coloured skin tones. Neither are you a distant relative of Count Dracul, you know......I actually nick named someone 'My Little Pontianak', she was scary looking and i couldnt help it.

2. The Perverts - Since I am a female, I can't help it but feel uneasy and uncomfortable when a guy actually plasters himself to my back. I mean come on, as we can see I am not small so are you. So why squeeze yourself and come in between when you know very well there won't be any room left to breathe. I actually had this guy breathing and at the same time smelling my hair. I am sure he would agree with me that my hair smelt good (It always does anyway).

Just because a lady wears a low cut top, guys, come on, constant staring at her cleavage is not going to help but make your li'l brother burst out of your pants, you know. And you wouldnt wanna walk into your office with a big bulge riteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ;)

3. The Prim & Proper - This goes for females. For god's sake, don't cross your leg when you sit. Is it so hard to notice that there are people standing in front you? Unless you people are born blind that's why we have a tag on top of you that says Hanya Untuk Golongan Kurang Upaya. I would presume you people are spastic not understand that when you cross your legs, you actually create alot of uncertainity for people who are standing.
Monkeys, listen up, when you cross your leg, your shoes dont do any favour to the people who is standing. Cause your shoes will be rubbing on their jeans or pants. Please dont think this is a shoe shine service done in the mornings for you for free.

4. The Couples - I am lover not a fighter. I love showing love around. But do we really have to do the mushy stuff in a packed train? Let's keep the lip kissing in public to the gwailos, can we? We dont need live telecast. Check in a hotel room if you people can't get your hands off each other. Dont forget to use protection ;)

5. The Pole Dancers - This is basically a hidden talent in some. The poles and holders are not for swinging, people. And trust me, we do have gravitational force to balance ourselves unlike in space. If you actually concentrate on standing in one place, you would'nt be swinging from one corner to the other.

6. The Standing Sleepers - I have been taking the train quite for a long time and till today, I salute the people who stand and sleep. You people just amaze me. I mean how do you do it. Come on, impart some of that knowledge on people like me who are naive.

7. The Loud Speakers - The train compartments are really quite compact. The rule of thumb is, in general, any noise level above 90 dB (decibels) risks injury to the ears. It would be very sweet of you to tone down the voices when you are in the train.

8. The Speaker Phoners - Speaker phones and hands free are meant when you are unbale to hold the phone and speak and not when you are standing in the train. Unless you are maneuvering the train.

9. The Unethical - Looks like this category didnt pass any of their ethics or moral subjects in school. They don't apologize for stepping on your foot about a couple of million times. They don't give seats to pregnant ladies, elederly or the blind. While waiting for the train, you would see them at the back of the que and in split second, they would appear in front of the que at the presence of a train. Like I said they failed miserably in ethics and moral and queuing is not in their vocabulary.

10. The Stinkers - There is always a reason why all sundry shops and hypermarts sell products such as Colgate / Fresh & White / Darlie. So when you yawn/talk, you would'nt wanna tell the whole world in the train that your mouth stinks. Or a rat died in your mouth, would you?

Come on, Malaysians, think. Use your blains can or nottttttttttttttttttt and smile abit lor. We are taking the train and not attending a funeral.

As for me, before I end my blog for today, it's only an hour left to 5.30 before I join the crowd and see my fellow clowns again. In a way, its makes my journey home pleasant :)

1 comment:

farrah said...

Hahahhahahaha hilarious!!! Very well said indeed!!