Header

>

October 18, 2009

Footprints


Footprints was a very significant poem to me in 2000. Significant is just putting it very mildly. Everyone has their own mantra for strength and mine was the ever famous, Footprints.
This poem is as old as 1871. Imagine that.

I was reading it everyday for one whole year. It kept reminding that I would find the strength to carry on no matter how hard the road looked like. For some reason, i completely forgot about the poem. I didnt forget the poem. Its a famous poem anyway. Many people would have heard about it. For some reason, i stopped reading it. Its like i didnt need my mantra anymore.

I was reminded of the poem today.

Thanks, Shane, you actually reminded me about it while we were chatting. Plus I love the chats we have. Its indeed very warm, cosy and easy feeling, thank you for that as well. You make it very easy for me to talk. Very good fren indeed :-)
Footprints reminded me the road i am walking along is that i am never alone.

This poem i am dedicating to you, Shane coz you are indeed a wonderful person filled with so many things which makes you nice. And i hope that the road you are strolling along is a happy cosy one which fills you with so much of happiness and joy this life can give you. I guess you still have a long way to go coz the world needs more nice & motivating people like you around.
And always remember, in the heart of P.J, there is always someone who cares for you :-) The Bugggggggggggggg (Ha ha ha)


Footprints in the Sand

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.

So I said to the Lord,
"You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during
the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one
set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most,
you have not been there for me?"

The Lord replied,
"The times when you have
seen only one set of footprints in the sand,
is when I carried you."


No comments: